none
Multiple Linked Deployment Shares on one selection menu RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to create separate linked deployment shares, yet when loading litetouch.wsf, the menu shows both on the same menu?

I've been able to do this using a selection profile and selecting two different deployments (for this sake of argument...Windows 7 and Windows 8), but it is brought over under one deploy folder when running the Linked Share. I would like to be able to have two independent deploy folders so if one needs updating(Windows 7), I don't have to worry about the state of the other (Windows 8) when using Linked Deployment Shares.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:53 PM

Answers

• This ended up being resolved by creating a custom boot .iso where we call a startup.cmd instead of litetouch.wsf.  This cmd calls several different things like diskpart, finding the machine's location to point to a local server. Once the server is found, it appends our W7 folder.  Put an extra step in front of the path set to ask if Windows 7 or Windows 10 then setting the path to either or. This way each deployment can remain separate but reside on the same deployment share to be imaged from.
    • Marked as answer by TedRed Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:09 PM

All replies

• Like this?

My shares aren't linked, I do replication via DFS-R

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:48 PM
  • Not so much Site, but if on a server, I have a folder structure:

Images\Windows7

Images\Windows8

Currently when I do Link Deployment Share I'll point it to "Windows 7", create the boot USB and it points to that. I'd like to be able to put each individual folder under images and it sees both.

Currently, I would use a selection profile and select both Windows 7 and Windows 8 and call the folder something like Windows 7-8 hypothetically speaking and naturally I'd see both images to choose on the start screen.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:15 PM
  • This ended up being resolved by creating a custom boot .iso where we call a startup.cmd instead of litetouch.wsf.  This cmd calls several different things like diskpart, finding the machine's location to point to a local server. Once the server is found, it appends our W7 folder.  Put an extra step in front of the path set to ask if Windows 7 or Windows 10 then setting the path to either or. This way each deployment can remain separate but reside on the same deployment share to be imaged from.
    • Marked as answer by TedRed Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:09 PM