IDM do not authorization from TMG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,,,,,

When installed Forefront TMG  in my network,, and when a client download files "any files" by internet download manage"IDM",,the idm keep show me message "proxy authorization required", Despite the client login by user and password, and also put it password in idm.

idm keep asks proxy authorization required "user , password",

why?, Although browsers can download files except idm from Forefront TMG.

Regards,,,,

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you configured a proxy server to connect for IDM? If yes, you need to logon to your proxy server to authenticate before that request can be serviced.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, June 2, 2014 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

what is meaning "you need to logon to your proxy server to authenticate before that request can be serviced." ?

I logon to windows by my user domain, and I configured IDM proxy by IP and User, Pass, still  idm keep asks proxy authorization required "user , password".

Thanks for the follow-up,,,,,

Monday, June 2, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

My meaning is that you need to authenticate with the proxy server firstly. Did you set the TMG server as the proxy server? If yes, which kind of authentication you are using?
    Best regards,
    Susie

• Edited by Susie Long Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Hello,,,,

I'm sorry, I don't understand you ,
    What is you mean " 1-set the TMG server as the proxy server
    2-kind of authentication you are using"

I have windows server 2008 installed  Active directory, and other windows server 2008 for tmg, and used windows 7 "joined Domain" and I login by user in active directory, and iexplore browser configuring by proxy "ip server TMG", and idm configured it.

When I used ISA server 2006 no problem.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:05 AM
  •  Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for replying so late.

According to your description, you configured TMG as a Web proxy and the web browser will send each request directly to the TMG server.

In addition, the default configuration for TMG is to use Integrated Windows Authentication for requests that require authentication and in this configuration, TMG can obtain user identification from browsers using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and later. You may need to check the authentication type on TMG and capture packets on TMG server to see the details information.

Best regards,

Susie

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:24 AM