recording device RRS feed

• Question

• ok so i recently tried talking on skype and the other person couldnt hear me.. so i thought it iwas skype. but then i pulled up my dell webcam and tried to record my self talking and still couldnt hear myself.. sometimes it wont let me record a video cuz theres a problem with the recording device.. i have no clue how to fix it lol
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:21 AM

Answers

• Check to see that the recording device on the cam is active and that the volume is up

My MVP is for the Windows Desktop Experience, i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT

Remote Assistance is available for a fee.

I am best with C++ and I am learning C# using Visual Studio 2010. My page on Video Card Problems is now my most popular landing page.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Monday, June 20, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Hi,

It does sound like a faulty hardware issue when you say "Sometime it won't...".

Please double check the physical connection of the audio first.

Meanwhile, please go to Device Manager and expand Audio to check if it is working fine. You can try update the software, reinstall the driver software to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 24, 2011 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It does sound like a faulty hardware issue when you say "Sometime it won't...".

Please double check the physical connection of the audio first.

Meanwhile, please go to Device Manager and expand Audio to check if it is working fine. You can try update the software, reinstall the driver software to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 24, 2011 5:51 AM