none
stuck in safe mode on windows 8.1. and it is not recognizing my password, so i cant get into anywhere to sort it. RRS feed

• Question

•  NORTON WERE DOING A REMOTE ASSIST, WHEN THEY HAD TO RESTART MY LAPTOP, BUT WHEN ASKED FOR MY USER NAME PASSWORD IT WAS SAYING EITHER YOUR U/NAME, OR P/WORD IS INCORRECT. SO NORTON COULDN'T HELP. SO I CONTACTED MICROSOFT TO GET A NEW PASSWORD WHICH WAS EASIER THAN I THOUGHT. BUT WHEN I TRIED ENTERING IT, I WAS STILL GETTING THE SAME WRONG U,N OR P,WORD? "HELP" PLEASE....MY HEAD IS DONE IN AS NORTON WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AND MICROSOFT ARE WANTING CLOSE TO £100 FOR DOING A REMOTE ASSIST.  SOMEONE PLEASE "HELP"ME OUT OF HERE!!!
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please refrain from using caps! looks like you are shouting.

You say that your machine is stuck in safe mode. when you boot does it go straight there?

Good read on accessing the advanced options and repairing your machine.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/open-advanced-startup-options-windows-8.htm

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:54 PM