none
OCS 2007 R2 on 2003 frontend service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing an issue with my OCS 2007 R2 Server. From last 2 days front-end service not starting. Getting following error.

Also, I am not finding ocsfix tool, looks like MS stopped it. If anyone have the valid link to download pls share.

Amit

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hello Amit, 

Found this one from Web , he has part 2 as well , need some preparations

https://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/ocs-disaster-recovery-part-1/

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:13 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, October 18, 2016 4:42 PM
  • I verified the certificate, it looks fine.

Amit

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Maybe check updated the address book configuration using the absconfig tool

Maybe check, reset or restore WMI

WMI corrupt - how to reinstall/repair?

winmgmt /resetrepository

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 4:58 PM
  • Let me try your suggestions. Will update you back shortly.

Amit

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:23 PM
  • I tired WMI repair but no luck. Now all OCS services not starting. Any other advise.

Amit

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:51 PM
  • Hi Amit,

Welcome to our forum.

Are there any updates on this specific server?

If there are any updates or software install on OCS 2007 R2 server, please uninstall them for testing to check if the issue persist.

Please check the usage of CPU and memory on OCS 2007 R2 server and the usage of hard disk on this server.

In addition, please check if there are any errors in application log and post them for our troubleshooting.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:16 AM
  • Hi, 

with OCS2007R2, Certificate MMC need a check to confirm that Root and intermediate  are placed in the correct location. Check for any DNS or IP change that might have happened. Check  for the event logs in the server  to see if there is something that we can verify. Check for any recent update that you have got from Windows as it might cause issues, uninstall them and give a try. Clear the event logs /save it and then try to start the services manually to isolate the specific events 

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Checked everything possible from my end. Still services not starting. Looks like, I might need to repair or reinstall OCS again. Is there any guide or KB available, how to repair OCS.

Amit

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:01 PM
  • Hello Amit, 

Found this one from Web , he has part 2 as well , need some preparations

https://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/ocs-disaster-recovery-part-1/

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:13 PM