Production Tenant - Power BI RRS feed

• Question

• I have read previous posts regarding Office 365 and Power BI.  I received my invitation to preview Power BI for Office 365, was able to successfully add the licensing to my existing tenant account, and then added Power BI license to my user. I noticed that I already had SharePoint through my existing E3, so I left the SharePoint Plan 2 license unchecked on the Power BI option.

I can see Power BI in my existing SharePoint tenant.  However, accessing Power BI generates the error:

===
    We couldn't load the site. Refresh the page to try again.

Unknown

199CBE26-9229-16F4-FC60-F0829DAE4C68

Correlation ID: 199CBE26-9229-16F4-FC60-F0829DAE4C68

Date and Time: 02/05/2014 02:43:48 PM (UTC)

===

It seems as though integration with production instances, at least from licensing and visibility of Power BI in existing SharePoint tenants is now live.  With the licensing for trials ending in early March and pricing now on the Power BI site, am I perhaps jumping the gun and everything should work in a couple/few weeks?  Or do I need to select the SharePoint license under Power BI and remove my existing SharePoint option from my E3 license on my user properties?  Finally, if this is the case, will this be creating a new SharePoint instance for my user or simply reallocating a license to still access the existing tenant?

Thank you!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Answers

• This issue is solved.  The problem was that a Trusted Site (*.sharepoint.com) was attempting to hand-off to a lower security zone site (*.powerbi.com).  Adding PowerBI to trusted sites resolved this issue and all features appear to be working on our production tenant.
    • Marked as answer by AFGE Taylor Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:22 PM