none
Error Applying Updates - Installer encountered an error: 0x800b010c RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you have seen this error before and maybe suggest a fix. Every time we try to apply an update to a WIN2008R2 web server; we get "Installer encountered an error: 0x800b010c". A certificate was explicitly revoked by its user.

An update was removed form this server before we started experiencing this issue KB2813430; it was removed to troubleshoot a different issue (MS KB3097966: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing).

Any ideas what could be happening?

Friday, August 31, 2018 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Glad to help.

You could review the details of KB2813430 via following article: 

An update is available that enables administrators to update trusted and disallowed CTLs in disconnected environments in Windows 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2813430/an-update-is-available-that-enables-administrators-to-update-trusted-a

According to this article, this update adds some new features and tools to system, and changes the auto update mechanism.

So my opinion is that removing this update causes a rollback of the system mechanism, which causes the subsequent problems.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray Jia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 3, 2018 2:35 AM