MS 2003 Word won't replace text RRS feed

• Question

• If I copy text then highlight text I wish to replace, 'paste' works but original text remains.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:28 AM

Answers

• In Word 2003, click Tools | Options | Edit. Make sure that "Typing replaces selection" is selected and then click OK.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Fuzzbush Monday, May 26, 2014 8:46 PM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:22 PM

All replies

• In Word 2003, click Tools | Options | Edit. Make sure that "Typing replaces selection" is selected and then click OK.

• Marked as answer by Fuzzbush Monday, May 26, 2014 8:46 PM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Thank you. So very simple, just like me.  Been using Word for decades & never came across this situation previously.  During that time have Copied information thousands of time to replace existed text without problems so wonder how on earth that box became un-ticked.  I prefer MS Office 2003 over seven or eight because it is so simple with all the 'buttons' along the top that I ever need & don't to search for them as in the other two which, no doubt can do more but more is sometimes less. Mr Fuzzbush
    Monday, May 26, 2014 8:52 PM
  • Thank you. So very simple, just like me.

I'm glad I could help.

Of course, although the fix is simple, it is far from obvious that the "Typing replaces selection" option also controls what happens when you paste text. This is something we all have to learn by experience... :-)

Monday, May 26, 2014 9:35 PM