Unable to set outlook as default RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using MS office 2013. When i try to set MS outlook as my default i get the error above, i have tried to delete the registry key and sub-key but still is not working. i also uninstalled MS office and repaired MS office but still i am not succeeding kindly assist i am desperate. I get the following error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request"

Monday, May 23, 2016 9:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>When i try to set MS outlook as my default i get the error above

How did you do this? What's the complete error message?

>> "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request"

You may already know that this issue usually occurs if the Outlook registry key is corrupted. When other programs try to use the Outlook Simple MAPI interface, they cannot retrieve the required information from the registry.

So from which application you are calling Outlook client? This error may also occur when the application itself isn't compatible with Outlook client. So please verify whether there is any known compatibility issue for this application.

Also, how did you uninstall Office? Instead of doing this directly from the Control Panel, consider using the easy fix tool, which will completely remove Office:

Option 2 - Completely uninstall Office with the easy fix tool - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:49 AM