appv5 users not getting shortcut in production RRS feed

• Question

• I have a critical issues

We have a package successfully UAT tested by a group of users. When we rolled out to production, users complained they didnt get the shortcut, whereas when I add my userid in AD group, I am getting the shortcut

Our environment is appv 5.0 sp3

When I try to publish manually in powershell getting error as

PS P:\> Publish-AppvClientPackage a
    Publish-AppvClientPackage : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: Publish AppV Package.
    Windows Error: 0x5 - Access is denied
    Error module: Shared Component. Internal error detail: 8DC0222500000005.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Publish-AppvClientPackage Tracker_PROD_540
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Publish-AppvClientPackage], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PublishPackageError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.PublishAppvPackage

when i check in eventviewer

Event Logs:
    Event Id: 19104
    Part or all packages publish failed.
     published: 3
     failed: 1
    Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:01 AM

Answers

• SP2hotfix4 fixed issues with network-share executables, as you're on SP3 this should not be the case.
    Just to give it a try, change your shortcut(s) to:

cmd /c start "" \\Server1\apps\abc\abc.exe

If publishing is going well, the /appvve-switch will be added to the shortcuts targets on the client.

Friday, October 23, 2015 3:47 PM

All replies

• Are you using Folder Redirection? Event ID: 19104 is caused if the following directories are being redirected to a remote file share.

- %APPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS
    - %LOCALAPPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:32 AM
  • If redirection of the ones specified by Vignesh is the case then you may have to make them locally available to overcome the issue. Please take a look at the support tip available HERE.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Thanks for prompt reply

The virtual package points to network shortcut, exe and its folder have full permissions to business users but do not have permissions to parent folder.

Exe points to \\Server1\apps\abc\abc.exe .  Users have permissions to abc folder but do not have any kind of permissions to apps folder

There is no instances of \\Server1\apps folder path mentioned anywhere in appxmanifest but not sure during publishing, appvclient is trying to read to  \\Server1\apps and hence getting access denied

appxmanifest, dynamic and user config files points to \\Server1\apps\abc\abc.exe and working directory to \\Server1\apps\abc\

We given permissions to parent folder and successfully got created. We got the same from procmon

Thursday, October 22, 2015 12:30 AM
  • SP2hotfix4 fixed issues with network-share executables, as you're on SP3 this should not be the case.
    Just to give it a try, change your shortcut(s) to:

cmd /c start "" \\Server1\apps\abc\abc.exe

If publishing is going well, the /appvve-switch will be added to the shortcuts targets on the client.

Friday, October 23, 2015 3:47 PM