Windows Technical Preview Build 9926 update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to update my Windows 10 TP installation and it seems that it fails to download.  I am behind a proxy server in the office with no way around it.  Windows Update fails with error 0x80072ee2.  What I have picked up is that I can get the update list if I set a proxy server in BITS using "bitsadmin /util /setieproxy localsystem proxy1:port "bypass list".  However bits fails to download the updates returning either Error or Transient_Error.  Can you please assist with this issue?

Regards,

Riaan

EDIT: I set proxy settings of each bits download job to PRECONFIG and the updates downloaded and installed.

• Edited by RiaanG25 Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:55 AM Workaround
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have started using Powershell rather than bitsadmin.  Below are the commands I use after check for updates and get a list of updates available.

Get-BitsTransfer | Set-BitsTransfer -ProxyUsage Override -ProxyList proxy1:port -ProxyBypass "<local>;site1;site2,etc."

This will set the proxy server for each job in bits.

Hope this helps for the time being.

Regards,

Riaan

EDIT:

Please ensure that this is done under the system context.

psexec -s -h \\systemname powershell.exe

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you set the proxy server via IE? Do you mean that the Windows Update Client ignore the proxy settings? To make Windows Update use the proxy setting, please execute the following command from cmd

Netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie

You can refer to this following KB for "how Windows Update finds proxy settings"

How the Windows Update client determines which proxy server to use to connect to the Windows Update Web site

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900935

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 9, 2015 7:29 AM
  • Importing IE proxy info into winhttp does not fix the download issue. Accomplishes the same as "bitsadmin /util /setieproxy localsystem MANUAL_PROXY proxy:port

Will show relevant updates, but will still error out on the actual download.

This all changed in 9926.  Worked fine in 9879.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

I have started using Powershell rather than bitsadmin.  Below are the commands I use after check for updates and get a list of updates available.

Get-BitsTransfer | Set-BitsTransfer -ProxyUsage Override -ProxyList proxy1:port -ProxyBypass "<local>;site1;site2,etc."

This will set the proxy server for each job in bits.

Hope this helps for the time being.

Regards,

Riaan

EDIT:

Please ensure that this is done under the system context.

psexec -s -h \\systemname powershell.exe

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:49 AM
  • I used

PSEXEC -i -s -d CMD

and then powershell_ise with Get-BitsTransfer | Set-BitsTransfer command.

With this it found updates and started to download them, but finally I did get error code

I think I will go into weekend now.

Friday, February 13, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Update:

The updates installed with exception of

KB3038357
    KB3036140 and
    KB3037975

Monday, February 16, 2015 8:13 AM