Document Library: mht file required to refresh to view lastest version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a Document Library in SharePoint 2007, where visioning enabled and changes of document required approval.

I uploaded .mht file into the Document Library, the .mht file allow me to view in web browser when click on the document name.

My problem is, when I uploaded .mht file (version 0.1), then select the item to "Edit in Microsoft Office Word" --> check in after the editing --> reopen the mht file.

I noticed for the first time the file is browse, the content is not the latest version but it is in previous version, it is updated only after refresh (F5)on the page.

Any idea why refresh is required for the first time in order to view the latest version? could it because of cache or settings of IE?

Please help, thank you in advanced.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi sams371,

Yes it happens because of IE. I believe this article can help you.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/anatol_noroc/archive/2008/11/17/automatic-refresh-in-sharepoint-document-libraries.aspx

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Hemendra Agrawal,

Thank you for your reply. The article not able to help me, it stated used JavaScript to do refresh on the browser, but in my situation where should I put my JavaScript? I tried open the mht file in Document Library it not show the latest version.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:38 AM
  • I know AllItems.aspx page can add in content editor webpart and able to refresh the page programmatically.

but the problem is I refresh the AllItems.aspx won't update the mht file, the refresh I meant was on the mht file it self after open. e.g: xxxxx.mht

please help.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

In order to verify if this is the problem with your browser I suggest you to try the same in some different browser like Opera and Mozilla.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:30 PM