exchange 2007 resource mail box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in exchange 2007 i am maintaining a resource mailbox called Board room. this mail box is delegated to reception.

it was working fine till now. today i faced a problem. the inbox of the reception is showing the count of new mail's (ex: Inbox(9)) but when i selete the inbox it is not showing the new mail's. it is happening to the deleted items as well. if i send a mail to reception, i can see it in the inbox. no problem. if i send a meeting request for the board room. i can see that in the inbox. no problem. BUT what ever the previous  9 new mails i can't see them.

any one got any idea.

thank you,

krishna

Krishna Gummadapu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:52 AM

Answers

• the Problem was with Cached exchange mode.

remove the Cached Exchange mode, it works fine.

krishna

Krishna Gummadapu

Monday, December 10, 2012 12:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Krishna,

Have you tried using OWA?

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Try moving the mailbox to another DB. Sometimes incorrect counts showing in Outlook can be logical corruption within the DB.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Try to access mailbox using Mfcmapi and check if you can see those messages in inbox.

Link to Microsoft's documentation on how to use MFCMAPI:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb508857.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hasnain Shaikh| My blogs: http://messagingserversupport.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Hi,

i did tried using OWA. but same problem.

thank you

krishna

Krishna Gummadapu

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:50 AM
  • the Problem was with Cached exchange mode.

remove the Cached Exchange mode, it works fine.

krishna

Krishna Gummadapu

Monday, December 10, 2012 12:38 AM