none
Automating Unix/Linux Agents in SCOM 2012 R2 UR 11 Environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    We are in phase of automating Unix/Linux agents deployment using vRA, as part of it we are working on PowerShell script which can help to manage the agent package installed and certificate signed Unix/Linux computers in SCOM console. I have gone through numerous posts and blogs and all of them suggest to go with 'invoke-scxdiscovery' that is where the problem occurs. It always prompts for agent credentials which cannot be accepted in vRA tool. Is there any available PowerShell script which can help me out here ?

Thanks.
    Raj.
    Monday, April 2, 2018 10:07 AM

All replies

• I believe this is no different than using credentials in any powershell script, where you have to build a PSCredential object and pass it as a parameter to your cmdlet...

There is quite a lot of blogs and articles with examples of this, here is one among other

Also see the documentation for Invoke-SCXDiscovery
    • Edited by CyrAz Monday, April 2, 2018 10:50 AM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Hi CyrAz, For testing, we convert plain text credentials into secure string but no luck. We do not use WSManCredentials since the script is placed on local host and called by vRA tool remotely for execution. Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:45 AM
  • I'm not sure I understand why you don't use wsmancredentials?

Anyway, can you show us an example of the exact script you are running?

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Hostname and credentials are initially passed as arguments while calling the script.

As mentioned earlier, we convert SSHCredentials into secure string and run below for discovery,

"$DiscResult = Invoke-SCXDiscovery -Name $HostName -ResourcePool $MyPool -SSHCredential $SSHCredential | Install-SCXAgent"

Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:57 AM