none
DPM 2012 Protection Group only backing up 2 of 12 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using an MSDN download of DPM 2012.

Created the protection group and added 12 of my servers; several 2008 R2 hyper Vs with 2003 VMs, and mostly 2003 servers on hardware. I've selected all of my volumes and system states on each member, successfully, but only 2 of the 2003 servers are being backed up to tape. All of my members have a green check mark showing that they're protected, but my scheduled jobs show only the 2 servers to be backed up. Job history shows successful backups to tape from those 2 members. Recovery jobs show ony those 2 servers and volumes available.

All of my prerequisite software is applied or I would not have been able to select all of my volumes, and there is no significant difference in the servers that will backup and the servers that will not.

Just an FYI, I have not used any of the other DPM versions in the past before attempting to use this 2012, so I may not be familiar with and tricks for functionality. But I did follow the instructions very closely.

Thanks for any help!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:38 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to get out of the backup exec business and replace it with DPM, backup exec is way too invasive, always has been.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Yes , i am facing the same issue , any idea ?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:22 AM
  • HI,

If you look for scheduled jobs for the next 7 days for that PG, do only two servers get listed ?  It could be an issue with the timezone / daylight savings bias are different.  It's a known issue with scheduling and was never fixed.

Run the following Query to list all the protected servers timezone and daylight information.

Select svr.ServerName, svr.serverid, tz.Description, tz.DaylightName, tz.DaylightBias from tbl_AM_ServerTimeZone tz join dbo.tbl_AM_Server svr on tz.ServerId = svr.

If the servers in the same PG are in the same timezone but have different DaylightName and daylightBias, they cannot co-exist in the same protection group.  Move the servers that share the same settings into a separate PG.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:29 PM