Merging data between two notebooks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Bear with me as I don't use OneNote and am troubleshooting this for one of our staff members. We're running OneNote 2007 and have an issue with duplicate notebooks. A team in our company has created two notebooks with the same name in two different directories on the fileserver. One person on the team has been saving notes in one notebook while the rest of the team has been saving notes in the other. I was quickly able to determine that all tabs contained the same data except for one, and then renamed the tab on one of the notebooks and copied the file from the other notebook's tab to merge the two. Issue resolved.

My question is, is there a way to remove the link on the left pane that points to one specific previously opened notebook? While these links are helpful to the user, I think they are what caused confusion for the user who thought she was adding data into the same notebook as the other staff members.

Hank Vare

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Perhaps you can create a hyper link in the notebook pointing to the correct one to keep it separated.

Regards,

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:32 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. There are two links, one to each notebook. It looks as if clearing the cache and removing all links is the way to go.

Hank Vare

Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:48 PM