Skype users are unable to connect with users on Skype for Business. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A few of my vendors who are on Skype are not able to add my users who are on skype for Business. Please advise what can we do?

I notice that those who are not able to accept are from Skype for business 2016, whereas skype for business 2015 have no such issue.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:10 AM

Answers

• HI Alice,

I would love to share  the troubleshooting steps, unfortunately, the only steps the vendor did was to choose the skype id and he was able to accept my user.

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:43 AM

All replies

• i dint understand the issue clearly, but what i can understand from the above description that your vendors are unable add your contact in there Skype for windows client.

can you get the screen shots exactly what they are doing.

so if your users are in SFB Client 2015 no issues, but if they are in SFB client 2016 have issues ?

please check this link

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12259/how-do-i-add-instant-message-and-call-my-lync-contacts-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

have you tried this ?

Go to Settings>Privacy and set it to allow IMs from everyone.

He can then send you an IM and you can readd him.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:47 PM
  • Hello Josh,

Few settings that we need to confirm from your server end:  How is  your federation setup , is that open or closed one.

The other Vendors domain , did we add them to the allowed domain list here in the Skype Control Panel?

Also you need to check with them how is their federation setup , If it’s a closed federation then they need to  add  our domain and Edge FQDN to the list.

If they are also with any Firewall , make sure they are allowing connections coming from your edge.

Reference info here

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn440170%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/lync/Steps-To-Check-When-8af63d4d

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

May I know where can I find the privacy in SFB 2016? I don't see that in settings.

Quote:

"Go to Settings>Privacy and set it to allow IMs from everyone. He can then send you an IM and you can readd him. "

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:36 AM
  • Hello Josh, 

The option which you have mentioned comes for Skype Consumer Clients , not for skype for business. 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA140/how-do-i-manage-my-privacy-settings-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

Are we also dealing with Skype consumer clients?, The other Vendor is that with Skype Consumer or Skype for business?

If we are talking about Federation with Skype Consumer then there are couple of  other things that we need to take care 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn440170%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/lync/Steps-To-Check-When-8af63d4d

Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Hi Hoshtechsolutions,

To narrow down the issue, please confirm following situations:

1. New created users will also encounter this issue?

2. You mentioned unable to accept, was there any error message? Or error screenshots?

3. To check if this issue just from one specific version of Lync/Skype for Business, did you check the issue in Lync 2013 client?

4. For Skype for Business 2016, did you try to remove account information? Login Skype for Business 2016 again, same issue?

Moreover, make sure your SFB 2016 client with the latest update. For example, check following update:

February 9, 2016, update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB3114696)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114696

Please feel free to tell us any updates after your tests.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hi Alice, now the vendor is able to add my user. However, we have a different problem.

The vendor mention that he saw 2 skype user id, and when he tried both. One he cannot manage to connect with my user, so he tried the other skype id which he was able.

Both skype ID has the same email address and ids.

if you can advise.

Thank you.

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:49 AM
  • Hi Linus, nevermind that. Now the vendor is able to add my user. However, we have a different problem.

The vendor mention that he saw 2 skype user id, and when he tried both. One he cannot manage to connect with my user, so he tried the other skype id which he was able.

Both skype ID has the same email address and ids.

if you can advise.

Thank you.

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:50 AM
  • Hi Josh, 

Check what is the difference with the IDs that hes trying to add, you can share the correct Sip URI of your team members to him and also yours to check whether you receive the notification. Looks like federation works , just that they need the correct IDs  also let them know that they cannot search your name with first  name last name as they need to add  the people first to their contact list for that kind of search 

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:17 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi Joshtechsolutions,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved,  could you please share the method in order to help others who have the similar case ?

In order to avoid confusion and keep track of troubleshooting steps, we usually troubleshoot one issue per thread in order to find a resolution efficiently. Concerning your other question, I suggest you post a new thread.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Hi Linus,

The vendor don't see any difference between the 2 ids, infact both emails of the ids are the same. I haven't touch anything regarding Federation though.

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:41 AM
  • HI Alice,

I would love to share  the troubleshooting steps, unfortunately, the only steps the vendor did was to choose the skype id and he was able to accept my user.

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Hi Joshtechsolutions,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, July 18, 2016 6:03 AM