none
is "AutoPostback" property valid for Radio button control in RCDC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been trying to add "Autopostback" property to a radio button control, but it doesnt seem to be working.

Below is the code:

<my:Control my:Name="Activation" my:TypeName="UocSimpleRadioButton" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=ADActivation.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=ADActivation.Description}" my:AutoPostback="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=ADActivation}">

<my:Properties>

<my:Property my:Name="TrueText" my:Value="ADActive"/>

<my:Property my:Name="FalseText" my:Value="NotActive"/><my:Property my:Name="SelectedItem" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=ADActivation, Mode=TwoWay}" /></my:Properties></my:Control>

Dolly

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• Dolly,

What do you expect the AutoPostback property to do?

AutoPostback: This is an optional, Boolean-type attribute. The default value is false. If set to false, refreshing the page may not refresh the control. For information about AutoPostback, look for the Microsoft ASP.NET UI control property of the same name. -- FIM RCDC Reference

According to MSDN:

Set this property to true if the server needs to capture the selection as soon as it is made. For example, other controls on the Web page can be automatically filled depending on the user's selection from a list control.

This property can be used to allow automatic population of other controls on the Web page based on a user's selection from a list.

Blain Checkley illustrates its use with his blog post: http://identityminded.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/fim2010-semi-dynamic-rcdc-operations/

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:03 AM
  • David,

Thanks for your response, I had read Blain's article, but still I cannot use it for radiobutton list. I am able to use it for checkbox and dropdown, the problem is only for radio button.

Dolly

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

how have you been able to use it on a drop down list? i'm trying to trigger the visibility and required of a field based on a value chosen from the dropdownlist

thanks

saad

Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:44 PM