Have problem when user open document file encrypted by RMS Server RRS feed

• Question

• There are about 15.000 users and PC (Windows XP SP2, SP3) in my system were deployed RMS Client. RMS server is running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, RMS system run verry good for a long time. 

Few day ago, we have some PC (Windows XP SP2, SP3) have problem with RMS, user can't read encrypted RMS documents. When user open encrypted RMS documents, the error box notice that “Cannot use test manifests against production servers". 

I searched to look for the reason, but for now i still can't find out any key reason to resolve, i am afraid of this problem will happen on other XP PCs for short time because XP is ended support by Microsoft, it will be a big critical with my system, we can't uppdate 15.000 PCs to Windows 7 or Windows 8 in a short time. (Now we are planning for upgrate OS to Win 7 or Win 8) 

Please help me to resolve this problem on Windows XP before it will come to big problem in my system.

Thank so much ! 

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hello.

I solved my problem installing KB979099

Regards

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:55 PM
  • Hi Bien,

Installing update packages following this link to resolve problem : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/979099

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:32 AM

All replies

• the same problem is happening to me. The strange thing is that the problem since yesterday

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:36 PM
  • Hello.

I solved my problem installing KB979099

Regards

• Hear the problem found using the DebugView tool

E_DRM_BIND_VALIDITY_TIME_VIOLATED

• Hi Bien,

Installing update packages following this link to resolve problem : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/979099

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:32 AM
  • Oh, That's a Great Solution to resolve my problem, I did that and success with my case.  Thank Severen.br and MR Ha Anh Tu so much.

I like all of you ! :)

Nguyen Hai Bien | HPT Vietnam | +84.986.626568

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Even i have the same issue.we are on domain and the update doesnt support.when i try on other laptop using the same login profile it works and if i do a fresh install of OS it works too.Is there any fix or solution for the same
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Even i am having the same problem,The update 9099 doesn't work for me as it shows this update is not applicable for you.We are on the domain network.When i try to open a RMS protected excel file it shows "Cannot use test manifest against production server".When i try to use some other laptop logging using my login and password it works fine.I tried uninstall and reinstall of office,disable firewall,Antivirus.

I dont know whats's the exact issue

Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:45 AM
  • What version of the OS is it?

You might have to update to the most recent service pack before the update will apply.

Monday, August 10, 2015 8:39 PM
  • I also face the same issue using windows 7.After formatting it works.We are on the domain network,and i am not able to open encrypted file using excel (Error:Cannot use test manifest against production server).The below also doesnt work out
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:04 AM
  • we are using windows 7 enterprise 
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:56 PM
  • its service pack 1
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:57 PM