Default apps and open with RRS feed

• Question

• Guys please help I can't open .cbr files before I can automatically open them with winrar, now I have to drag them to winrar just to open them. When I right click and choose open with winrar is not an option as a default program. I tried searching in windows default apps to change the file association for cbr files but .cbr is not among the file extensions so I couldn't set it. Also when I try opening it with the open with option there is no option that says choose another app from this pc it just says choose an app from the app store. Also adobe photoshop is not among the default apps when I try to open .png files and when I choose open with, adobe photoshop doesn't appear as a default program and there is no choose another app from this pc option just choose another app from the app store. I can open it with paint but not photoshop so I have to drag the file to photoshop just to open it with photoshop. I can open with photshop for jpeg files but not png. I can also open zip files with winrar but not .cbr I have to drag to them to the application just to open them.    
    Monday, June 25, 2018 5:30 AM

All replies

• did you try: right click an .cbr file, select "Open With", "Choose another app"
    check "Always use this app to open .cbr files", then select the program you want to use?

Winrar is still installed, is it?
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:19 AM
  • Firstly, you need to make sure that both of winrar and adobe photoshop have been installed normally, not green version, you can see them in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.

Then, right-click a .cbr file and select Properties, click Change…button, select More apps here and navigate to your winrar’s installation directory.

Have a try.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:13 AM