How to Change Outlook .ost file Location from C drive to D Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I Have a profile and that profile contains seven account now i want to change the location of .ost file with all account . and not want to download all account .ost files from server. so please tell me what is the process to change all .ost file without downloading all accounts .ost file.

Friday, January 9, 2015 12:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• See this blog

You can also disable cache in account settings.

Friday, January 9, 2015 1:29 PM
  • As you can see, the blog ahuibers suggested states that you need to re-load the OST from the server if you change the location using the steps it shows for changing the default location. The location of the file is saved in several places in your registry, so there's not a supported way to move the default OST location without also downloading the OST again.
    Friday, January 9, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

We can modify the registry key to change the default location for OST files. Then use Group Policy to apply for all accounts.

However, in Outlook client, the OST file would not be automatically moved to the new default location. The client users need to re-download the OST file to a new location.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Dear sir,

Can you please give me a demo 

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Raj, Andrew's web link shows nothing more than we've already suggested - changing the file location in the Outlook profile.  Once you do this, you will still need to download the entire OST once the change is made.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:22 PM
  • hi sir,

but i don't want to download the entire .OST File from server because its too heavy. Please suggest me any other solution

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:15 AM
  • As I stated in my first response above, there is no supported solution for your problem.  The OST will need to be downloaded again unless you want to have an unsupported system.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:09 PM