Compatibility Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have windows 10 on my Laptop and recently i am trying to download an antivirus on but i couldn't because every time i am trying it will give me: this program has a compatibility issue and  it will ask to get solution from windows but again it will say that no solution found and windows will notify me when....

And i have tried with many antivirus like Kasper, norton, AVG, bitdefender....

But always the same problem.

So can you help me solving this issue.

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi

As this is a new version of windows most things wont be compatible. You can try downloading a version of anti-virus that works on windows 8.1 and it should work on windows 10. Try setting the compatibility on the exe if that doesnt work either.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Friday, October 31, 2014 9:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Ed (DareDevil57), please install the program in compatibility mode, right click the exe\properties\Compatibility tab.

Always install the latest version of program in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for Windows 10, please click the start menu, type Windows Feedback, then submit your ideas to us.

Thanks for your support.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

As this is a new version of windows most things wont be compatible. You can try downloading a version of anti-virus that works on windows 8.1 and it should work on windows 10. Try setting the compatibility on the exe if that doesnt work either.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Ed (DareDevil57), please install the program in compatibility mode, right click the exe\properties\Compatibility tab.

Always install the latest version of program in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for Windows 10, please click the start menu, type Windows Feedback, then submit your ideas to us.

Thanks for your support.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:48 AM