none
Disable actual values progress RRS feed

• Question

• As I only use MS Project for planning, it is a bit frustrating that it keeps telling me (when rearrangin tasks, resources) that the item has progress reported on it.. and whether I want to delete it.

Is there any way to stop Project from considering actual values?

Valgardur Gudjonsson

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:25 PM

Answers

• Valgarour --

No, there is no way to stop Microsoft Project from doing what it is programmed to do, which is to help you to manage your project schedule.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:32 PM

All replies

• Valgarour --

No, there is no way to stop Microsoft Project from doing what it is programmed to do, which is to help you to manage your project schedule.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Not really, Project is great for planning but useless for tracking. 

Anyway thanks

Valgardur Gudjonsson

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Strong assertion ... but not so. I have been using MSP for planning and tracking for two decades and it works a treat.

Whether it is useless depends on how you are using it.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:39 PM
  • OK, "useless" is pretty strong, but it requires far too much work compared to other tools. I need information that is not possible to enter, and entering the information that is possible is far too slow.

Microsoft had a far better application (Time.. something) for tracking in the 1990's that they discontinued and wanted everyone to move to Project.

Still I have also been using Project (on and off) for more than two decades and it has served well as a planning tool.

But I guess it is time to look for something else. The unexplained "hanging" / "crashing" is enough.

Valgardur Gudjonsson

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:46 AM