none
Need Help with Ordering Columns in a List (Site template) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, 

I have used new custom content types inside Project Issues and risks lists. So we have Project Site Issue(OOB CT) and my custom xxx Project Issue CT. I have combined all columns under my custom , xxx Project Issue CT. And there applied column ordering. And I know this applies to new item form order. And everything was fine. 

Then, I saved my site as a template(using include content option), and created a new site from my template. And now, at my new site, when click on new item form, the column order was gone! I check list settings, under my custom contentt type. And noticed that all xxx Project Issue CT columns were nicely:) grouped together in the column order. (This was not something I made!) 

So to conclude, my question is using the above method, Do I have to order my columns at every new project site I create? Do you have othe solutions?

Thanks a lot

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:35 AM

All replies

• I've resolved a similar issue with the following steps

Opened the site which is created from the template and saved the site as template again after ordering the column and used that as template, worked fine.

If the site is in the same farm, don't forget to delete the source site where you created the template.

Just try and check the behaviour

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Friday, September 14, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Will try and post here, thanx
    Friday, September 14, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hello again, I 've tried the solution but it doesn't work. In my newly created project site, I still loose my column ordering. 
    Friday, September 14, 2012 1:33 PM
  • Hello, anyone has solutions?
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:30 AM
  • Hello again, I thought of using the Project Site Issue content type to include all my columns. But the content type is not listed under Gallery.
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:23 PM