HDD now shows as SSD after windows 10 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading ttob windows 10 indeed maintenance. The HDD is now listed as SSD and the defrag is greyed out.  ..How do you get corrected 
    Friday, December 18, 2015 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Run Windows Update and install all updates and restart your PC.

Make sure report this issue to the PC manufacturer's support.

Open start and search for Feedback and open Feedback App and report this issue.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suppose that we should pay attention to the defrag issue.

After upgrade to Windows 10, have you update the present drivers?

If not, please visit your PC’s manufacturer official website to get the latest drivers which are applied to Windows 10 system.

From my research, I find some similar issue could cause d by drivers, there is a link could be used as a reference.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/536b7884-eab9-4b65-a1e6-18afa858438a/defrag-detects-raid0-hdd-as-ssd?forum=w8itproperf

In addition, we could try defrag disk by command line.

Open a CMD as administrator, then, type: defrag C: /U /V to see the result. The website below tell us more information about it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731650.aspx

Hope my suggestion could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 25, 2015 9:28 AM