Adding Windows 10 signature to previously signed driver RRS feed

• Question

• We have a kernel mode filter driver that is currently signed for many platforms, from Windows XP to Windows 8.1.  When Windows 10 is released, will we be able to run HCK tests for only Windows 10 and have the Windows 10 signature added to our existing driver, without having to re-run HCK tests on every platform?

In the past this has happened both ways.  When Windows 7 was released we were able to test only under Windows 7 and add the Windows 7 signature to our existing driver.  However when Windows 8 was released, HCK testing changed and we had to re-run tests on every single platform.  Can anyone tell me which scenario we're looking at for Windows 10? 

Monday, February 9, 2015 7:41 PM

All replies

• On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:41:39 +0000, Matt_FL wrote:

We have a kernel mode filter driver that is currently signed for many platforms, from Windows XP to Windows 8.1.  When Windows 10 is released, will we be able to run HCK tests for only Windows 10 and have the Windows 10 signature added to our existing driver, without having to re-run HCK tests on every platform?

In the past this has happened both ways.  When Windows 7 was released we were able to test only under Windows 7 and add the Windows 7 signature to our existing driver.  However when Windows 8 was released, HCK testing changed and we had to re-run tests on every single platform.  Can anyone tell me which scenario we're looking at for Windows 10?

This question would be better off posted to one of the MSDN forums (I
    believe there is one specifically for driver development). These forums are
    for IT Pro issues.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    I think that I shall never see -- A structure ugly as a tree.
    From leaf to leaf I wish to leap -- From branch to root to branch I creep.
    -- Ode To Menu Systems, Richard A. Fowell

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:33 PM
  • Thanks I will try there.  Ironically Microsoft Partner support sent me here... 
    Monday, February 9, 2015 11:33 PM