This device cannot start. (Code 10) RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening,
    I have a problem with my laptop (Toshiba Satelite Pro).
    My ricoh xD- picture card disk device (reading my SD flash camera cards) does not work.

An error message:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I have tried solutions from this topic:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/e42d107a-bb3c-4a3e-9668-19183baaca93

but it did not help.

What can I do to make it working again?
    Any ideas?

Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:05 PM

Answers

• Try a USB adapter and see if that works any better, if so then the one you have now is borked.

Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP!

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:12 AM
  • Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur?

Can you reproduce this issue on other PCs?

This could also be a hardware related issue. Please understand both ricoh xD- picture card disk  and Toshiba are third party manufactures, it is suggested to involve Toshiba support for more information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur?

Can you reproduce this issue on other PCs?

This could also be a hardware related issue. Please understand both ricoh xD- picture card disk  and Toshiba are third party manufactures, it is suggested to involve Toshiba support for more information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:06 AM
  • Hi,
    thank you all for your suggestions.

The problem fixes sometimes, without any particular reason, but I've decided not to investigate further as I'm going to buy new notebook.

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:39 AM