none
Sent items missing from shared account

Question

• Here's the story:

We have a enterprise-style institution here and I have several clients using a single departmental account to send emails out to their clients using Outlook 2010. One has owner permissions, two have editor permissions, and three have reviewing permissions. That is a total of six people. I have been working with the owner of the account on our issue. And the issue is, at random times when any one of these people sends an email on behalf of this account, the sent item does not appear in the sent items folder of the departmental exchange account. There are no similarities between these emails they send. They do not have access to the deleted items folder. The sent item does not end up in any other folder, BUT I found in OWA, they DO end up in "Recover Deleted Items". Every single one of them. Also, the sent items do not appear in the sent folder in OWA of the departmental account either.

So far, there are no rules associated with the emails being sent. Their accounts are sent up so the shared account is loaded as a mailbox into their personal profile, instead of using a separate profile. I made sure there were no mobile devices associated with the account. I also set the delegation permissions to disallow anyone from deleting email, that didn't help. I would say about 1/4 of the emails disappear a day, and they use the account a lot.

Please help! Thank you.

• Edited by jbraun21 Thursday, February 7, 2013 3:42 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers