none
Sending an ackowledgment to the sender of a moderated email when approved

Question

• We need to moderate all messages sent from a given group of users/Mailboxes regardless of where they are sent to (at least for all emails sent to external recipients not in our organisation). I have created an email group, and set up a rule so all emails sent from a member of this group are sent to a moderator. 

This works, but the sender of the email is only sent a confirmation message either when his sent email is rejected, or the moderation timed out. I want the originator also to receive a message confirming the message was approved.

I tried to set this up for my mail group "PP Agents" over powershell using the following command...

PS>  Set-DistributionGroup "PP Agents" -SendModerationNotifications internal

However it did not seem to work for emails sent by members of the PP agents group. 

What I am doing wrong and how can I configure exchange so the approved emails result in acknowledgements back to all senders who are members of the PP Agents group?

Thanks

S Clothier.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:38 PM

All replies

• I guess you'll have to have the moderator send them a message.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:04 AM
  • Hi S Clothier,

Based on your description, there's a little misunderstanding about moderation.
    There're some difference when you deploy moderator for distribution group and transport rule. The moderation setting for distribution group is used for message send to this group, however there're other more conditions if you do it by transport rule, for example send to or from.

Also, sendModerationNotifications parameter is used if you configure moderation settings for distribution group.

To archieve your goal, the moderator need manually send status notification to sender if you configure transport rule to configure moderation.
    Note: the sender is always notified if their message is rejected by a moderator.
    More details about Manage message approval.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:30 PM