Screen resolution with Windows 7 remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, i've been pulling my hair out over an issue for weeks now. Can someone offer me some advise with a remote desktop issue please ? I have a laptop I use at home with 8.1, the screen resolution is optimal at 3200 x 1800. Works well. In my office I have a PC with 7 Pro, the resolution on my desktop is 1920 x 1080 Landscape. We use Remote Web Access which is set up as part of Server 2012 R2 essentials. Problem is I can connect to my desktop from my laptop anywhere but its unusable because it forces the 3200x1800 resolution onto my office PC so I cant see the screen

I have tried everything I can think of, I tried reducing the resolution on the Essential Web Console, I also reduced the resolution on the RDP client MSTSC. I also downloaded Remote Desktop management and tried to set the resolution here also but all it does is reduce the size of the window making me use the scroll bars. There has to be something I have not thought of.

I have taken my laptop to the office to circumvent any server or VPN/Web process and even connecting using MSTSC over the LAN produces the same, which is expected.

Any ideas would be very very welcome  ...
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:56 AM

Answers