none
DPM and SCOM 2012 SQL table issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am having an Issue with the DPM 2012 Store Procedure in SCOM 2012,

    Looking at the DPM store Procedure Dependencies itself i found this,

    I haven't installed the DPM Central Console on my SCOM Server as my engineers use the DPM console itself and only see value in the Alerts, (They are to busy)

    Should i still install the console or is there something broken?

    Kind Regards

    Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:33 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    I got it resolved it was the SQL Language Collation settings, mine was set to "Latin1_general_CI_AS"

    and the Recommended for SCOM is SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CI_AS. after changing mine in my lab i got the errors away, and Fix my production SQL language. as can be seen below.

    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:17 AM

All replies

  • Is this still an issue?

    It would be a good idea to install the central console even if your team only uses the alerts. If that does not help you could pull the DPM pieces out of SCOM  and redeploy fresh.


    My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!


    Monday, April 8, 2013 5:57 AM
    Moderator
  • I installed the Console and i am still having the same issue,

    I am not sure what is causing this.

    Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

    I got it resolved it was the SQL Language Collation settings, mine was set to "Latin1_general_CI_AS"

    and the Recommended for SCOM is SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CI_AS. after changing mine in my lab i got the errors away, and Fix my production SQL language. as can be seen below.

    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Technically its "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" not "SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CI_AS".

    FYI to all, here is the KB article associated with this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958979

    Monday, December 23, 2013 3:09 PM
  • 1) backup OperationsManagerDW

    2) Open SQL Studio management

    3) Run Query for OperationsManagerDW

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Staging table definition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'tbl_DPM_BackupEvents_Stage' AND TABLE_SCHEMA = 'DPMBackup')
    BEGIN
      CREATE TABLE DPMBackup.tbl_DPM_BackupEvents_Stage
      (
        DatasetId                  uniqueidentifier  NOT NULL
       ,ManagementGroupGuid	       uniqueidentifier  NOT NULL
       ,DatasourceId               uniqueidentifier  NOT NULL
       ,ReferentialDatasourceId    uniqueidentifier  NULL
       ,TaskId                     uniqueidentifier  NOT NULL
       ,BackupTime                 datetime          NOT NULL  
       ,BackupResult               nvarchar(30)      NOT NULL
       ,BackupType                 nvarchar(30)      NOT NULL
       ,FailureErrorCode           int               NULL
       ,ManagedEntityRowId         int               NULL
       ,InsertReadyInd             AS (ISNULL(ManagedEntityRowId, 0))
       ,DWCreatedDateTime          datetime          NOT NULL    DEFAULT(GETUTCDATE())
      )
     
    END
    GO
    
    GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON DPMBackup.tbl_DPM_BackupEvents_Stage TO OpsMgrWriter
    GO


    Have a nice day !!!
    DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points
    DPM blog

    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:23 AM
    Moderator