Deployeing Forefront Client Security with SCCM2007 and SMS2003 - Step-By-Step and Video Guides RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I've just published new documentation in my blog regarding FCS deployment using SCCM2007 and SMS 2003:

Step-By-Step Guide for deploying Forefront Client Security Client Agents using SCCM 2007

This Guide discusses the creation of a new package in SCCM that includes the client installation files. Later, I explain how to configure a task sequence that includes an old AV removal script, FCS Package deployment and installation of all FCS hotfixes as part of the installation package. On the last phase, I explain how to take the new task sequence and advertise it to specified collection and setting all other related deployment settings.

This guide is Also available in a Video Version.

Step-By-Step Guide for deploying Forefront Client Security Client Agents using SMS 2003

Since not everyone had the change to upgrade their deployment to system center, we have to treat all our SMS 2003 faithful customers as well. This Step-By-Step guides explains the package creation process in SMS 2003 in regard to FCS client deployment. This guide also explain how to chain the old AV removal script to the FCS client installation in order to run then one after the other and creating the minimum exposure for clients computers (also includes a sample VB script for chaining the tasks).

More FCS guides will be available soon…

-          Deploying an Updated package of FCS Client Agent  - how to use SCCM/SMS to deploy the most updated client including all hotfixes and up-to-date definitions without using the Software update mechanisn.

-          I386 vs. x64 installation script – instead of deploying two different versions, just run a script that checks whether your PC is 32bit or 64bit and installs the proper version of FCS client.

-          Deploy Forefront Client Security Using WSUS – So simple, but people still have problems. So, another guide… J

-          And much more.

See you in my blog: http://www.secwiz.co.il

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies