none
VPN issues on Win 10 1809 (Pulse Secure) RRS feed

• Question

• We have 500+ users that connect daily to two different portals using Pulse Secure Client for one and WSAM for the other.

Since we started migrating these users from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (specifically build 1809), these users are having lots of trouble using Pulse Secure.

On Pulse Secure Client, sometimes the client stays forever on "connecting" status. On WSAM, the client connects, but network becomes completely unreliable (not https stops working, same for Outlook and other applications). As soon as WSAM disconnects, everything gets back to normal.

The interesting fact is users on previous builds of Win10 (like 1803) don't have any of this problems.

I've seen different threads with very similar issues, I've already tried applying their solutions, but no luck:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dce4eb2f-a6ac-4e34-9b09-181b62e3c88d/vpn-breaks-after-windows-update-version-1809?forum=win10itpronetworking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2adc9b69-32ca-40e5-9920-3b9f40af8d09/windows-10-update-to-1809-broke-vpn-settings?forum=win10itpronetworking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a9d29321-346d-4bf0-82ee-9746eb21958f/very-strange-vpn-connectivity-issues-after-1809-update?forum=win10itpronetworking

I've already contacted Pulse tech support, but they say they've never seen anything like this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

• Edited by Dan.CA Friday, July 19, 2019 6:51 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Compatibility issue you need to consult Pulse Secure Client and WSAM support for help, if their product is not compatible with current 1809 version, what we do is meaningless.

On Windows side, the general methods include: compatibility mode, un as administrator, make sure drivers and system is the latest build, no other operations can do. Maybe you could try Pulse Secure Store app, but the most effective behavior is consulting VPN software support. The Pulse tech support said they never seen anything like this, it’s make no sense, because we even don’t have condition to test for you…

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:39 AM
  • Hi Teemo,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The current version of Pulse we use is "compatible" with build 1809. Next week we are updating to the latest (and 1809 certified) version. Hopefully it will fix the issue.

I'll share the results I got here.
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Ok, what about thing now?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi

We have also experienced this issue since upgrading our 80+ Pulse users to Windows 10 1809. All was well with WSAM when on the older version of Windows 10 1803.

We use Pulse to connect to our patient management system hosted by Piskel. We now experience 'Page cannot be displayed' when trying to access system. Then all HTTPS traffic locks up and only becomes available again when we close down WSAM.

Only solution currently is to install Pulse local client software which has been a time consuming task and not ideal.

I really hope Pulse find a fix for this.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Hi Darren,

Thanks a lot for your repply. I'm still having issues with WSAM on build 1809.

I have a work around that is using a JSAM client instead of WSAM, but it really is far from ideal, because II have to change it manually on the PCS, not to mention I had to create a temporary role to acomodate these changes.

When you say "install Pulse local client" - what client are you talking about exactly (wsam, Pulse Secure Client)?

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:30 PM