locked
Strange problem with SfB RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have a very strange problem with Skype for Business.

    I have a domain environment with two SfB servers in the topology. One is for internal access and the other is an edge server.

    When make a new office 2016 installation on a PC (the PC is connected to the internal network), when the SfB client starts it cannot sign in. Then I restart the client and the PC a couple of times and it seems it fixes itself.

    I tried a few times to connect the PC to the external network and then make the Office 2016 installation and the client connects from the first time, but when I switch to the internal network it needs a few restarts again to sign in.

    I saw a few articles stating that you need to simply restart a few times, but I am looking for a more permanent solution.

    Has anyone experienced the same problem?

    Best regards,

    Dobrin Tashev

    Monday, September 19, 2016 8:53 PM

Answers

  • Hi Dobrin Tashev,

    Welcome to post in our forum.

    Would you please tell us did the issue only appeared on the specific PC?

    Is that the same issue on another PC client ?

    Did you mean the issue only appeared on the internal network ?

    If the issue only appeared on the specific PC, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again.

    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

    For your PC, please try to perform a clean boot

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

    Make sure your SFB client with the latest update and test again.

    If the issue appeared on multiple PC clients, please try to check if there is any error message on the SFB front server.

    The following is a blog for troubleshooting sign in issue for your reference

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2541980

    Hope this reply helpful to you.


    Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Dobrin Tashev Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:49 AM
  • Hi,

    The problem was indeed a DNS related one.

    Someone in my team created the external autodiscover record in the internal DNS zone.

    The record was removed and the problem disappeared.

    Thanks for the help :)

    Kind regards,

    Dobrin

    • Marked as answer by Dobrin Tashev Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

  • Hi Dobrin Tashev,

    Welcome to post in our forum.

    Would you please tell us did the issue only appeared on the specific PC?

    Is that the same issue on another PC client ?

    Did you mean the issue only appeared on the internal network ?

    If the issue only appeared on the specific PC, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again.

    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

    For your PC, please try to perform a clean boot

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

    Make sure your SFB client with the latest update and test again.

    If the issue appeared on multiple PC clients, please try to check if there is any error message on the SFB front server.

    The following is a blog for troubleshooting sign in issue for your reference

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2541980

    Hope this reply helpful to you.


    Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Dobrin Tashev Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:49 AM
  • Hello Alice,

    Thank you for your answer. I tried everything, including deleting the 

    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

    I did not help. The only thing that helps every time is a few reboots of the OS. All patches are installed.

    The issue appears in every PC only after office installation. And after a few reboots it seems to fix itself and the issue does not appear any more. The issue only appears on a fresh office installation.

    It seems to me more like a DNS issue, I will check with that and see if the problem still exists.

    Thanks,

    Dobrin

    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:43 AM
  • Hi Dobrin, 

    That seems to be the DNS as you suspect as well. You can check  from cmd prompt about the reachability of the server  and the   nslookup for the records to see  if there is any difficulty in resolving them , check  the DNS server reach ability as well , also can confirm the DNS records are all in place 

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/dn951397.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396


    Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

    The problem was indeed a DNS related one.

    Someone in my team created the external autodiscover record in the internal DNS zone.

    The record was removed and the problem disappeared.

    Thanks for the help :)

    Kind regards,

    Dobrin

    • Marked as answer by Dobrin Tashev Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Hi Dobrin Tashev,

    Thanks for your sharing.

    It will help more people who has the similar issue.

    If you have any other question, welcome to post in our forum.


    Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:46 AM