Moved old emails to sub-folders, now sub-folders and emails are missing! RRS feed

• Question

• So I was tired of having a ton of emails in my Inbox.  I labeled the sub-folders 2015, 2016, and 2017.  Then moved the block of emails to the perspective sub-folder.  They moved over correctly, and two of the sub-folders said syncing on the info bar located on bottom of Outlook.  One had 'This computer Only', I went looking at how to get this to sync, the instructions said to 'Set the Root' of your Inbox, when I did this all of my sub-folders went missing.  I undid the Inbox Root, and everything came back except for the three sub-folders I just created.

I am worried the data and emails for those three years have been discarded.  Please help me locate :)  

Monday, February 12, 2018 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Miguel,

If you access the mailbox through the Web you should see the subfolders. If this is correct then you can go ahead and create a new outlook profile and sync the mailbox again.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 12, 2018 10:36 PM
  • What type of email box did you configure in Outlook? I agree with idea to check emails on web, if emails all exists on web, we don't need to worry so much, create the account in Outlook again and you will get everything sorted.

You may also need to check the deleted items, in case these folders were deleted mistakenly.

Regards,

Jeff

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hi Miguel,

According to your description, is this an IMAP account?

As has been mentioned by Simon, please have a check at the web mail and see if the mails are still there. Go ahead and feel free to let us know if there is any update about the issue.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:24 AM