Move SG 4.1 Local DB to a Centralized DB RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find info on how to migrate local SQL DB ( installed during SG setup ) to a centralized SQL 2005 Server ?
    thanks
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stefano_C Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:13 AM
  • One question as a follow-up.  When you say a centralized SQL 2005 Server do you mean one with several management servers that may not be located at the same location.  Microsoft doesn't support the SQL Server on a different network from the management server where the link isn't at least 100Mbps and the latency is less than 100ms.

So if you just want one SQL Server with Management servers at the same site or location these steps are great.  If you are asking about having multiple management servers spread across different sites, then you will need a sql server to support the management server database at each site.

mattmcdermott
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:21 PM
  • Hi Matt ,
      thanks for the follow up but my situation at the moment is with the MS in the same lan as the SQL server .
      However your point is useful as we're planning to add othe SG servers for other sites.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:24 PM
  • Hello,

I can add some history here, we did that (having several management-servers and one sql-backend with slow WAN).

With 4.0 it simply didn't work.
    With 4.1 SP1 it did work

No idea with 4.5 and I am not about to find out.

(work as a functional operation, not as in every is happy and dancing and will recommend this to every)

/Znack
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:28 PM