none
Unable to complete Sysprep & Capture TS / Windows 8.1 / MDT 2013 / ADK8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon everyone. I am  having difficulty succesfully running a Sysprep and Capture of a reference virtual machine i've created. The environment details are below:

• Reference VM is on Hyper-V (Server 2012R2, Gen2 EFI)
    • Reference VM is a Windows 8.1 Host
    • Reference VM is a customized 8.1 image, not the vanilla RTM
    • Booted into Audit mode. No user profiles outside of the built-in admin created.
    • ADK 8.1 Installed
    • MDT 2013 Installed
    • Already installed the LTIApply takeown mod (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2797676?wa=wsignin1.

I keep getting the following errors: 

The BDD log is linked here. Please shoot me any suggestions if possible. I'm truly out of ideas. 

Monday, March 23, 2015 8:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try the default LTIApply.wsf.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 23, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Ty Glander, thanks for the suggestion. I did so and the issue still persists. Very strange stuff.

Monday, March 23, 2015 8:42 PM
  • What does your LTIApply TaskSequence step look like (Actually just post your smsts.log along with your BDD.log).

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 23, 2015 10:23 PM
  • I do not have the smsts.log as the capture process is failing before it's created. I've attached pics of the vanilla task sequence that contains the LTIApply scripts. The BDD.log is attached to the first post on this thread - thanks! 

• Edited by Eddy Breton Monday, March 23, 2015 10:34 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 10:33 PM
  • Monday, March 23, 2015 10:33 PM
  • "Already installed the LTIApply takeown mod (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2797676?wa=wsignin1."

Are you sure your formatting is correct?

If not oFSO.FolderExists(sBootDrive & "\Boot") then
       oFSO.CreateFolder(sBootDrive & "\Boot")
    End if

BDD.log:

No boot drives found. None.]LOG]!><time="15:47:33.000+000" date="03-23-2015" component="LTIApply" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LTIApply">
    <![LOG[Reverting autorun setting to - 145]LOG]!><time="15:47:33.000+000" date="03-23-2015" component="LTIApply" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LTIApply">
    <![LOG[Boot Drive not found, attempting recovery option (Win8+Sysprep scenario)...

-Nick O.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:25 PM
  • Gave up and recreated the image. Thanks for all guys. 
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 4:26 PM