having problems opening windows please help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't been able to get past the windows welcome loading screen for a few days. my computer froze and when i restarted it i had this problem and have ever since. i tried booting in safemode and it couldnt do that either. i also tried system restore i got different errors every time i tried. it has also tried the startup repair multiple times and has said it was fixed then when it restarted the problem persisted. sometime it doesnt even get as far as the welcome load screen.  i could use and help possible on this. eveytime it has me login i get false hope. thanks
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:02 PM

Answers

• Don't bother troubleshooting.. :) use active boot disc and boot via dos mode..

1) backup all your important data.. or even drivers ?

2) reinstall your operating systems..

3) create a backup copy of your newly install OS. in any case.. in future if you have any issues.. you can simply just roll back..
    Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, July 11, 2011 3:51 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:07 PM
  • I think your Windows installation could be seriously compromised by something you cannot repair at this moment: use anther computer to prepare a DVD with a Linux live distribution, put it into the DVD reader, boot the system and perform a full backup of your data using an USB external storage; then, restart the system using the Windows 7 DVD and try to repair your installation.

If you'll be able to repair your Windows installation, perform a full check of the Windows logs ("System", above all) in the Event viewer trying to find any record that could be related to the problem that made your system unbootable.
    And don't forget to perform a full antivirus/antispyware scan.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:22 PM

All replies

• I think your Windows installation could be seriously compromised by something you cannot repair at this moment: use anther computer to prepare a DVD with a Linux live distribution, put it into the DVD reader, boot the system and perform a full backup of your data using an USB external storage; then, restart the system using the Windows 7 DVD and try to repair your installation.

If you'll be able to repair your Windows installation, perform a full check of the Windows logs ("System", above all) in the Event viewer trying to find any record that could be related to the problem that made your system unbootable.
    And don't forget to perform a full antivirus/antispyware scan.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:22 PM
  • Don't bother troubleshooting.. :) use active boot disc and boot via dos mode..

1) backup all your important data.. or even drivers ?

2) reinstall your operating systems..

3) create a backup copy of your newly install OS. in any case.. in future if you have any issues.. you can simply just roll back..
    Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, July 11, 2011 3:51 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:07 PM