Setup wont load unattend.txt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my problem is, i have to deploy XP SP3 via Network and when its finishing the install, it STILL asks if i want to accept the EULA and what CD-Key i want to use.

i dont know why, because it is loading the sysprep.inf. Because the content of the unattend.txt is the same as the sysprep.inf.

heres my sysprep.inf (without the CD-Key of course)

btw, my sysprep folder on c doesnt even have a i386 folder, didnt tried to change it though since i read somewhere its not to be changed.

;SetupMgrTag
    [Unattended]
    OemSkipEula=Yes
    InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

[GuiUnattended]
    AdminPassword="p@ssw0rd"
    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
    OEMSkipRegional=1
    TimeZone=85
    OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
    ProductKey=*Here is the CD Key*
    FullName="Grupp1.2"
    OrgName="DD10"
    ComputerName=*

[TapiLocation]
    CountryCode=44
    Dialing=Tone
    AreaCode=020
    LongDistanceAccess="9"

[RegionalSettings]
    LanguageGroup=1

[SetupMgr]
    DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386
    DistShare=windist

[Identification]
    JoinDomain=%rus-vodka-caviar%
    DoOldStyleDomainJoin=Yes

[Networking]
    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:52 AM

All replies

• First of all, when you run sysprep, have you audited the machine to check that the image will work against the targeted computer ?  Secondly, You won't see the default file I386 in a listing, because there are two ways this file can be made during setup, and the setup defaults for either won't let you see the file in a directory listing, as it is a hidden, system file, and you must enable being able to see the file in the control panel first, under the folder options, but you can't unless it is set up that way in the computer that sysprep had been ran against...And, the file does not actually appear in the finished image unless the setup has been specifically instructed to "make local setup files" and even then, after running, setup would delete those files  unless the "make local source" switch was specified as permanent, and those files were written to a seperate, specified location within the system folders, e.g.-"c:\I386," or "c:\windows\I386". By default, the make local source copies the install directory (I386) and it's files to run off (the "drivers" loaded by setup when it is first run)to the local hard drive-then erases them after setup has finished.

"http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/default.aspx ". This is MICROSOFT'S new, FREE, fully automated, anonymous support portal, which can help users resolve windows and other product issues with a few mouse clicks. BOOKMARK THIS SITE, EVERYBODY !!!
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:29 PM
  • ok, was just wondering about that underfolder. if i remember right i did audit the machine, not sure though.

on the other hand, why shouldnt it work? since the reference computer is the same as the targeted computer.

but i will make a new image and see whats happening then.

thanks for your reply.

Monday, November 29, 2010 12:50 PM