Reinstall Windows XP OEM without original CD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In first of all I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this question, but I couldn’t found a category for licensing. If not please aware me or redirect me.

I have a computer with an OEM installation of Windows XP Professional.

The problem is, I want to reinstall the all operative system but I don’t have the original CD although I have the License (CD-KEY) with me.

How can I solve this problem? Can Microsoft send me another CD or can I use a .ISO of Windows XP that I download for the internet and just enter my license key or something like that?

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Mário Dourado

Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:46 AM

Answers

• Microsoft will not send you a replacement CD.  Your OEM key will only work with an OEM CD.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your system and tell them you need to purchase a replacement install CD.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• Microsoft will not send you a replacement CD.  Your OEM key will only work with an OEM CD.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your system and tell them you need to purchase a replacement install CD.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:48 AM
  • And is there any way for me to make the CD? I mean I have the Windows XP currently installed in my PC, I can access it and use it, and I have the OEM license… isn’t it possible to create an installation disk with some kind of Microsoft tool?

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Mário Dourado

Friday, October 7, 2011 10:40 AM
  • No. That's not possible.
    Windows XP Post SP3 Update List
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:02 PM