MOSS 2007 documents on a few pc's always open read only RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

We have an implementation  of MOSS 2007, we have a user with Full Control and another with Contributor rights. Both are unable to edit any word documents. There is another user, on another pc with contribute permissions and he has no problems. I got this same user to sign in on my PC and the read only issue was replicated, therefore the issue is PC terminal specific. I can see from a google that this problem seems to occur alot but after days of searching  have been unable to find a solution.

Any help would be great

Many Thanks

Dan

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:30 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please share the details of the PC Terminal which has this issue:

- Operating System
    - Browser Version
    - MS Office version

Does the above config match with your another PC where the user has no problems?

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Hey

Yes all the Pc's mentioned are running the same things,

Microsoft Windows XP SP3

Microsoft Office Standard 2007

Windows Internet Explorer 7

Many Thanks

Dan

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:15 PM
  • OK I have tried checking the registry entry for OpenDocumentReadWriteWhileBrowsing, I have repaired office, reset IE. I have found that the issue must be Office related as I it works fine on all PCs when dealing with a .txt file.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Monday, September 5, 2011 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

Try repairing your office installation to check if it works. If still it does not work then uninstall and install back it again to check if it works.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:39 PM
  • Can you check if the following active x controls are allowed and are present on the PC

ActiveX Controls that must be allowed in the browser

• MSCAL.OCX (Calendar control – included with Microsoft Office Professional or installed with Microsoft Access)
    • MSCOMCTL.OCX (Common Controls)
    • MSCOMCT2.OCX (Common Controls2)
    • OWSSUPP.DLL (ExportDatabase – To export a list to a Microsoft Office Access database, OpenDocuments – Launch Office applications to open documents)
    • STSLIST.DLL (ListNet – Edit list in Datasheet view)
    • NAME.DLL (Display presence information for people, integrate with Outlook and OCS)
    • OISCTRL.DLL (OISClientLauncher – Integrate with Office Picture Manager)
    • INLAUNCH.DLL (OpenXMLDocuments – Launch InfoPath to open forms)
    • MSHTMLED.DLL (RTEDialogHelper – Allows use of rich text editor)
    • OWSCLT.DLL (SpreadSheet Launcher – Integration with lists and Excel)
    • STSUPLD.DLL (Multiple File Upload – Gives the option for multiple files to be uploaded)

Thanks & Regards, Soumyadev | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:37 PM