none
Saving documents in Word online to a sharepoint site.

Question

• Hello,

We are currently busy building a office 365 environment.
    I created a couple sites with document place for different people with different rights.

I can't figure out how to save a document to another site/document place.

There is no 'save as' in the word online environment. But in Office 2016 ( offline ) it works well.

So the question is; 'how can I save to a different site documents or another place?'

Thank you so far,

Kind regards,
    Joey Smit
    MIEGroup

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Joey,

As I understand, Word Online not provide option to save as the file to a different place.

As a workaround, I suggest you can download the file and then open the word using Office 2016 client and save it to a different place.

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:32 AM

All replies

• You cant. Simply copy/move the file via the SharePoint interface.

You should be able to see the Save as option under File, but this will only allow you to rename the document and put the copy in the same folder.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:10 PM
  • Hi Joey,

As I understand, Word Online not provide option to save as the file to a different place.

As a workaround, I suggest you can download the file and then open the word using Office 2016 client and save it to a different place.

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:32 AM