Invalid product key, Windows vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi i'm trying to activate my Windows vist, my 25 chances have past and now I'm trying to activate the product key and the computer is showing me the message that it's invalid, I;ve already tried it several times and still it doesn;t recognize it.

I have a Compaq presario Desktop SR5250NX

The product is a Windows Vista Home edition Premium

And I'm getting the product key from a sticker located at the bottom of the Computer's CPU

I was reading other threads were people had the same problem and they were asked to run a Genuine diagnostics tool, I already did, this is what it gave me:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q
    Windows Product Key Hash: U8YEZzymoD4DMyaMb32rPrNIS90=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {E1AD5D78-E402-4800-8A43-BBD80D06BC73}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_ldr.071009-1543
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 104 Unknown PID
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2989-80070002_77F760FE-152-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3_B4D0AA8B-818-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{E1AD5D78-E402-4800-8A43-BBD80D06BC73}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1064584617-2573224689-117712561</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Compaq-Presario</Manufacturer><Model>GN582AA-ABA SR5250NX</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>5.14   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070810000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>4A313507018400EA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>104</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>104</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>0</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

I appreciate your help!

Isaac

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:31 AM

Answers

•  Tim Quan - MSFT wrote:

Hi isaaac,

Thank you for the post.

It seems that your product key has been revealed and widely spread on the Internet.

Please confirm if the last 15 numbers of your product key is 27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q. If so, please check if you have ever revealed the product key against the Microsoft End-user license agreement. If  this is the case, please contact Compaq who is the provider of the key for detailed information. Thank you for your understanding.

For your reference, I have found much information about your product key on the Internet:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=zh-CN&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=27HYQ+XTKW2+WQD8Q&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&cr=countryUS&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Reply from Jeff Tinnea in Microsoft Software Protection Platform today:

The user is having an activation problem with an OEM: SLP key.  Each edition uses only a handful of these keys and they are expected to be well-known (the fact that you can find it easily in a web search is expected).  These keys activate by binding to data in the system BIOS rather than by talking to Microsoft’s activation servers.  The fact that the user can’t phone activate this key is also expected because it only has the above way of “activating”.

The OEM which sold the customer this computer should have activated the machine already.  It’s possible the customer has a corrupted BIOS or that the OEM license required to activate against the BIOS isn’t installed.  In either case the customer can fix this problem by typing “SLUI 3” (without the quotes) from an elevated command prompt, typing in the product key on the sticker on his computer and then pressing the next button.  NOTE, this user is using RTM Vista which has a bad UI design.  Most users want to click the big “activate windows” button in the middle of the screen after typing in the product key, but this is wrong.  They need to click the little next button in the bottom-right corner.

The UI should then automatically activate the machine, if it fails at this point, the user should still be able to phone activate successfully. 

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:43 AM

All replies

• You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:16 PM
  • OK, I already tried it and it didn't work, but this is the thing..., I bought the computer in the US, at a Circuit city in National City to be exact, BUT I live in Tijuana Mexico, I selected Mexico as my country when I was trying to activate the product and the IVR told me that I had an "invalid product", do you think this has anithing to do with the error?

I'm thinking that my next move is to cross to San Ysidro with the numbers written down and call the United states free 800 number (Because I can't dial that number from my house: service not available) on a public phone... I'm thinking this way I might be able to get the product activated... maybe...

What do you think???

PD. thanks for your help Carey

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:42 AM
  •  

Hi isaaac,

Thank you for the post.

It seems that your product key has been revealed and widely spread on the Internet.

Please confirm if the last 15 numbers of your product key is 27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q. If so, please check if you have ever revealed the product key against the Microsoft End-user license agreement. If  this is the case, please contact Compaq who is the provider of the key for detailed information. Thank you for your understanding.

For your reference, I have found much information about your product key on the Internet:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=zh-CN&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=27HYQ+XTKW2+WQD8Q&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&cr=countryUS&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:19 AM
  •  

ok thanks
    Monday, January 28, 2008 9:01 AM
  •  Tim Quan - MSFT wrote:

Hi isaaac,

Thank you for the post.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Reply from Jeff Tinnea in Microsoft Software Protection Platform today:

The user is having an activation problem with an OEM: SLP key.  Each edition uses only a handful of these keys and they are expected to be well-known (the fact that you can find it easily in a web search is expected).  These keys activate by binding to data in the system BIOS rather than by talking to Microsoft’s activation servers.  The fact that the user can’t phone activate this key is also expected because it only has the above way of “activating”.

The OEM which sold the customer this computer should have activated the machine already.  It’s possible the customer has a corrupted BIOS or that the OEM license required to activate against the BIOS isn’t installed.  In either case the customer can fix this problem by typing “SLUI 3” (without the quotes) from an elevated command prompt, typing in the product key on the sticker on his computer and then pressing the next button.  NOTE, this user is using RTM Vista which has a bad UI design.  Most users want to click the big “activate windows” button in the middle of the screen after typing in the product key, but this is wrong.  They need to click the little next button in the bottom-right corner.

The UI should then automatically activate the machine, if it fails at this point, the user should still be able to phone activate successfully. 

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:43 AM
  •  I am having this issue with an OEM SLI key ... on a toshiba satellite that I just spent hours on the phone with microsoft tech support case # 113 317 5662 who at first told me no problem, well get you a key that activates

I do not have the recovery disks, used a retail version of vista Ultimate to install Vista Home premium and ended up with "invalid product key"

I was told on the phone I have a GOOD product key

then by the end of the conversation, I was told the only way to get this OS activated is to PAY for recovery cd's from toshiba.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:51 PM
  •  I am having this issue with an OEM SLI key ... on a toshiba satellite that I just spent hours on the phone with microsoft tech support case # 113 317 5662 who at first told me no problem, well get you a key that activates

I do not have the recovery disks, used a retail version of vista Ultimate to install Vista Home premium and ended up with "invalid product key"

I was told on the phone I have a GOOD product key

then by the end of the conversation, I was told the only way to get this OS activated is to PAY for recovery cd's from toshiba.

I am having the same issue, and that solution is unacceptable.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:36 PM