can't login when using Internet Explorer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I hope someone can help.

We have several sites with anonymous access enabled that require login to access the full site. However users have reported that the sign in button is inactive, that is it can't be clicked on.

I've managed to reproduce this issue with several machines all running internet explorer 8. Internet explorer 9, 10 and Google chrome all work fine. In fact, the only solution I have so far is advise the affected users (several hundred using internet explorer 8) to use Google Chrome instead.

I even built a fresh virtual machine, loaded it with XP, installed ie8 and chrome. Chrome works, IE does not.

I would ideally like them to be able to use Internet Explorer and not have to install additional software. I see IE 8 is listed as supported in SharePoint 2013 so I did not anticipate this would be an issue.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Do you know if all IE8 that you have tested are running on same version of IE8 (up to same patch of IE8).

same 8 .0.xxxx.xxxxx build number for xxx.xxxxx?

Thanks

James

Please mark as Answered if it helped you
    James Tsai | SharePoint Consultant | MCPD,MCTS | www.jamestsai.net

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I shall check today and update accordingly.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:49 AM
  • looks like they are running this version.

This problem occurs on Server 2008r2, Windows XP, and Windows 7 when using IE8.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:18 PM
  • on a side note, I'd love to know if others have this problem?

I need to know if its our setup or a bug.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:35 AM
  • I've noticed that this seems to be a rendering issue. If I zoom in, the sign in graphic disappears, but I can click where it should be and sign in. At default zoom the sign in button is there, but can't be clicked on.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:53 AM