none
Making Power Query "Portable" RRS feed

• Question

• I checked around and didn't see this in another post, but may have not used the right search terms; if it's there, my apologies for the duplicate.

I have a workbook that has 30 tabs that I need to consolidate the information from. These tabs are updated each month (one per day). I've used a Microsoft Query to consolidate that information into a single sheet so I am able to manipulate the data the way I need to. My issue is, when I try to share that workbook with others via email, the references in my Query become invalid because they are referencing the worksheets on my local drive (FROM "C:\Users\USERNAME\FOLDER\FILE.XLSX").

I do not have the option to save the file to a shared drive (multiple users will eventually need to use this tool, and need to use it remotely).

Is there a way that the Query will work regardless of where the file is opened given that the references are all within the same workbook?

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob. Would it be possible to build the consolidation into the Excel Workbook that contains the source data (using PQ's "From Table/Range" button)?

Ehren

• Marked as answer by RobVanWinkle Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:40 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Rob. Would it be possible to build the consolidation into the Excel Workbook that contains the source data (using PQ's "From Table/Range" button)?

Ehren

• Marked as answer by RobVanWinkle Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:40 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:19 PM