none
My Microsoft Word 2010 always crash RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 ultimate x64 SP 1. My office 2010 was upgraded from the previous version of MS office 2007, so it is a 32 bit version.

Recently, when I am using Microsoft Word 2010 to type my assignment, the program always crash. I lose my unsaved document frequestly and is forced to recover it from the autosave everytime. The program crashed very frequently that just in every 10 minutes it would crash once and asked me to restart. It is kinda frustrating that I restarted the program for more than 10 times in 3 hours of work. The program can crash in any situation, whenever I double click on a word, or click on a space to start typing a word.

I was unable to retrieve the crash information as I tried copy it and paste but cant. But a recent crash occured when I try to double click or triple click to select the paragraph.

• Changed type Cheng Huai Monday, April 11, 2011 8:02 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to disable the auto translate function of Lingoes to see if word still crash?

Also you may try to start Word in safe mode to see if this issue is caused by some add-ins.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• I found out the issue. When I am typing in MS Word 2010, I will open another program named Lingoes dictionaries. Lingoes has a function to translate text by double clicking the text & select it. So when this function (double click to select and translate text) is on, the Microsoft Word 2010 will crash sometimes. Maybe is the software compability issue.

Any other idea?

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to disable the auto translate function of Lingoes to see if word still crash?

Also you may try to start Word in safe mode to see if this issue is caused by some add-ins.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:19 AM
  • to my surprise, you are a MS staff, and how ambiguous your reply is. what is this auto translate?

how to run in safe mode?

dont just do copy paste, look deep into this trouble please, it crashes every minute.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:07 PM
  • Hi -

I'm also desperately seeking a solution for my Word 2010 and PowerPoint 2010- both crash immediately after start-up. I notice that many people seem to have that problem. Today, I installed the Service Pack 1 via Windows Update, same problem. Outlook also crashed again, but there I can remove the Add-Ins by starting it in safe mode. I cannot start Word or PowerPoint in safemode (well, I can, but it will also crash immediately). What can I do? Any hints or help is highly appreciated.

Vista 32bit; office 2010 SP1. I already tried to uninstall everyhting and re-install. Same issue..

Thank you :)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:16 PM
  • Found a workaround on this, as I faced the same problem over and over:

1. Save the document with original extension, like '.doc';

2. Open it as a '.rtf' file;

3. Once opened, don't change anything on it and do a 'save as' and save in any MS Word version you want;

4. Close it and open the 'new' document you created.

This worked for my problems.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:20 PM