Protected Mode Granularity RRS feed

• Question

• I have an instance where I have one web application that requires the site to be in Trusted Sites and to have Protected Mode enabled - the application that opens the web browser checks to see that IE is opening the site in Protected Mode. I have other web applications where the web app must be in Trusted Sites, but with Protected Mode disabled.  Obviously I cant have it both ways.

Is there a way, using anything like Enterprise Mode Site List Manager to set a particular web page to open in protected mode despite how the zone is configured?

• Edited by ToddMiller Monday, October 23, 2017 8:50 PM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By default Protected Mode is disabled for the Trusted sites zone but ActiveX filtering is enabled.

Are you sure you are not seeing the effects of your IE ActiveX filtering settings?

see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ie/2011/05/02/activex-filtering-for-developers/

If you are developing on localhost... use the File>Properties menu to determine that your localhost website is mapping to the expected IE security zone (internet).

For publicly accessible websites, it is unusual that they require users to place their sites in the IE Trusted zone... Use the Trusted zone to place the domains of your business partners that link to your internal systems (intranet).

If possible include links to websites that you are having problems with your questions.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, October 23, 2017 10:27 PM