Vista/Windows7 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a Toshiba laptop with Vista. It was installed by Best Buy.  My Hard Drive failed before I could install the upgrade. If they gave me a recovery disk I cannot find it. I do have the Vista sticker they put on the bottom with the verification code.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 1:37 AM

All replies

• An upgrade version of Windows 7 can only be installed and activated if you properly upgraded from a qualifying Windows Vista operating system.  If the qualifying Vista operating system is not installed, you cannot use a Windows 7 upgrade license since it will not activate.  Jus having the Vista product key will do you no good.  You may want to review suggestions in this web site.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:23 PM
  • Hi.

Now a days most of the OEM manufacturer set the recovery partition in harddrive, you can try to perform recovery installatin to have the vista again on your computer. Normally for the Toshiba you can use the F8key->Repair your computer->Select Language and hit Next->Select the User Name->Select Toshiba Recovery Wizard or Restart your computer start tapping 0 key continuously untill you see "Toshiba recovery wizard".

The verification code is no use without any disc. The Best option is suggested you to  check the microsoft store and get the windows7 disc to reinstall the windows.

Friday, December 27, 2013 2:06 AM