FCS Starts new threads for every user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi hope u all will be fit n fi9...i have a question to ask from u guys, hope i will get positive replies 4m u & Microsoft Side...

i have a client where i implemented Forefront Client Security, every thing is running smoothly but the problem is they (Client) are using Terminal servers & they use such type of application so that more that 100 users at a time connects to a terminal server & give inputs & FCS starts every time new thread for every new user, i mean if 100 users are concurrently connected to terminal server 100 processes are being run by FCS, hense this yields the resources out.

Any appropriate solution will be highly appreciated.

its really urgent.
    M.Yasir Memon
    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:57 AM

All replies

• My initial answer was wrong after I went and researched apparently we don't have a good solution around this atm as we spawn individual msascui.exe for each user (the tray icon).  We have had some customers who have removed this from the HKLM/RUN key however this is not something we really support or recommend unfortunately.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:59 PM
  • You may also want to make sure that you installed it on the TS server using the Add/Remove Programs so that the TS was in install mode as well as I have heard that not doing it that way can cause issues.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response)
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:36 PM