BSoD Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have stared having several crashes lately. Here is what i was able to right down from the last BSoD.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

*** STOP: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005,0xFFFFFF800028908E6,0xFFFFFF8800AE9CF30,0x0000000000000000)

Sunday, May 2, 2010 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you update the BIOS and the hardware drivers for Windows 7 first.

If the issue persists, would you please upload the minidump files to the public folder of SkyDrive and provide us the link for further analyze.

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

You may also analyze them with Debugging Tools by yourself. You can install it and it’s Symbol Packages from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Devtools/Debugging/default.mspx

WinDbg will tell you the possible cause. For more information, please read Microsoft KB Article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging.

If no clue can be found, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Regards,

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

This is a known issue and there is a Hotfix available to solve the problem. Read the following article.

980932 "STOP 0x0000003B" Stop error on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 when you use some IEEE 1394 devices

Follow the instructions to get and install the Hotfix.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, May 3, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Thank you for the response. I tried this and it seems to still have an issue. This happens when I am running applications such as World of Warcraft.

I was using memtest86 and I seem to be getting memory errors on any card in any slot. But I have no idea what i am reading. Since the issue seems hardware related I guess this issue is closed for what a Windows forum can provide me. Unless someone can give me ideas how to properly troubleshoot hardware.

Just in case here is my hardware info:http://www.xfire.com/profile/xthanoryx/

Manufacturer:
    Custom Build
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory:
    x4 - Patriot Memory PC2-6400 CL5 1GB
    Hard Drive:
    x2 - SATA 159 GB
    Video Card:
    Twin EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT in SLi
    Monitor:
    Acer 22"
    Sound Card:
    Speakers (Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM)
    Speakers/Headphones:
    Creative w/subwoofer
    Keyboard:
    Mouse:
    Logitech USB G3 (MX518) Optical Mouse
    Mouse Surface:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Motherboard:
    EVGA 680i SLI
    Computer Case:
    Antec 1200
    Monday, May 3, 2010 2:32 PM
  • Just had a crash trying to startup. Only details in this BSoD is:

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF8000C0CFE90)

Monday, May 3, 2010 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you update the BIOS and the hardware drivers for Windows 7 first.

If the issue persists, would you please upload the minidump files to the public folder of SkyDrive and provide us the link for further analyze.

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

You may also analyze them with Debugging Tools by yourself. You can install it and it’s Symbol Packages from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Devtools/Debugging/default.mspx

WinDbg will tell you the possible cause. For more information, please read Microsoft KB Article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging.

If no clue can be found, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Regards,

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:30 AM